How can someone not love brownies!? Not only is the end product divine but even the batter is sinfully good. I am truly grateful that my mother let me lick the whisk, spatula, and bowl clean… although she was very thorough at scraping almost every last drop out of the bowl and into the pan. I am honestly dreading the day when Carly discovers how yummy batter is and I have to share.
I actually really like box brownies, especially Ghirardelli’s (used in Berry Patch Brownie Pizza). These double Chocolate brownies however are even better and take about the same amount of time to make. Plus, you probably have all the ingredients on hand.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⅓ cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch glass pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, cocoa, and salt together. Mix in the butter and then stir in the eggs. Mix in the flour and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature before cutting (though we know that probably isn't likely).