I was fortunate enough to have a mother who also loves ice cream and would let me and my 4 older siblings eat it pretty much every night before bed. The only time there was not ice cream in our freezer was when the power went out for 5 days in the summer (which is just terrible in humid St. Louis). That was a tragic day for us to lose all of our ice cream. As my mom was tossing out the almost completely melted ice cream I tried slurping as much as I could before it turned completely to soup.
In middle school I was strangely obsessed with ice cream. I would seriously buy anything if it had ice cream on it– shirts, flip flops, lip gloss, lights… I even took a shop class and made my race car into an ice cream cone!
Anyway, one great way to eat ice cream is to drop it on top of a yummy brownie (probably my second favorite dessert). But it doesn’t end there! You’ve then got to make it a sundae by adding toppings!
…which is why I had to add toasted almonds and toasted coconut to make this deliciously rich and satisfying Chocolate CocoNUT Brownie Sundae.
Um, taking pictures of ice cream outside in 85 degree weather is very difficult. It started melting so fast that the chocolate coconut sauce kept sliding off so I had to keep topping it with more and more. It made for a really rich afternoon snack for Carly and I. 🙂
Really, what’s better than sharing a yummy sundae on a hot summer day?!
This is so good that after staring at these pictures I actually had to take a break from writing this post and indulge myself with another sundae.
Check out more summer dessert ideas at Kitchen Daily.
- 1/2 recipe Double Chocolate Brownie
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 jar Chocolate Coconut Flavored Topping
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon butter
- In a large skillet, toast almonds by melting 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat. Spread almonds evenly over the bottom of the pan. Toss every 20 seconds until almonds are evenly toasted. Remove from pan onto a paper towel lined plate and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Return the pan back to the stove top and spread the coconut evenly in the bottom. Cook over medium-high heat tossing every 10-15 seconds until evenly toasted. (Watch closely because it cooks fast!) Remove onto a plate and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Heat Chocolate Coconut topping in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until thin enough to drizzle.
- On each brownie place a large scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with Chocolate Coconut Flavored Topping and sprinkle 1 tablespoon toasted almonds and 1 tablespoon toasted coconut over the top of each. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Garnish & Glaze original recipe
Compensation for this post was provided by AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of AOL.