I LUUUUUUVE BALSAMIC VINEGAR!
Are you in love with balsamic vinegar yet? Well you will be after you turn it into glaze and drizzle it on this pizza. Oh yeah!!! It’s tangy, sweet, and just completely elevates everything you drizzle it on.
These gorgeous, incredibly juicy red and yellow tomatoes are from my local farmers’ market that I went to other weekend. I really wish I had gone more this summer. It’s so fun to see the diverse things people in my community are growing/making and selling. There was of course a plethora of veggies and flowers but also a bazillion flavors of honey, fresh maple syrup, Greek pitas/food, enchiladas, fresh salsa, and much more. And I was a really big fan of the stands that had samples! It was like Costco/Sams where you can almost make a lunch out of trying all the samples!
Okay, so not only is this pizza freaking bomb because it has super fresh tomatoes and that sweet balsamic glaze, but it’s got THREE kinds of cheese! Fresh Mozzarella, Asiago, and Parmesan… the more cheese the better! Oh and this pizza takes just 30 minutes. That’s including making homemade dough! Remember my No Knead, No Rise Pizza Dough? It’s easy, soft, the perfect thickness, and you can use whole wheat flour (I do!).
Ooops! I just couldn’t resist. Now go make this pizza and fall in love with balsamic… because more is coming your way!
- ½ recipe No Knead, No Rise Pizza dough (or store bought)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn/crumbled
- ½ cup asiago cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup parmeggani regiano cheese, shredded
- 1 ripe red tomato, sliced thin*
- 1 ripe yellow tomato, sliced thin*
- 18-20 basil leaves
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Place pizza stone in lower third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
- In a small pot, combine vinegar and honey over medium heat and let simmer (a low simmer) for 10-12 minutes until thickened. Stir occasionally. (If you make it too thick place it over low heat and whisk in a little water and remove from heat.)
- Cut a large sheet of parchment paper and sprinkle with a little flour. Roll dough out into a circle.
- Mix garlic and oil together and brush over the entire surface of the dough. Top with cheeses and then tomatoes. Use a pizza paddle or some other flat surface to slide the parchment paper and pizza onto and transfer to the stone in the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges become golden.
- When done, top with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Slice and serve.
Looking for more Pizza? Try these: