These rich, smooth, and creamy Mini Triple Chocolate Cheesecakes are the perfect way to say “I love you!” this Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day is just a couple of weeks away which means it’s time for all things pink, red, and CHOCOLATE!!!! It’s the holiday of love and also of destroying everyone’s New Year’s resolution to limit sweets/eat healthier/lose weight. But let me tell ya, these Mini Triple Chocolate Cheesecakes are WORTH IT! And they are also awesome because they are perfectly portioned in a muffin tin. With a big ole cheesecake it’s easy to cut a large slice and end up eating 927 calories. That’s the average number calories for a slice of cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory… yes, I’m a nerd and just had to calculate it. With these mini cheesecakes you get a satisfying amount of rich chocolate cheesecake for just 363 calories (includes everything but that chocolate square) and you don’t have to sacrifice quality or taste. That’s about 1/3 the calories!
Oh and it’s the holiday to celebrate the love you have for that special someone in your life… who probably really likes chocolate so why not show that chocoholic you really love them with something amazingly delicious?!
My husband is a decent fan of chocolate but he will do anything for cheesecake and he is obsessed with these little ones. Our plans for V-day aren’t set in stone yet but I think it might consist of dining in and stuffing our faces with these mini cheesecakes. For a few years we’ve gotten PF Chang’s To Go so we’ll probably do that again too. Yeah, we’re too
cheap poor to get a babysitter but going to a restaurant on Valentine’s Day isn’t the greatest anyway. Believe me, I worked as a hostess in high school and we marched people in and out of their tables like ants.
I love using Ghirardelli chocolate when I bake. It’s really an essential ingredient in any baker’s kitchen with its smooth texture and rich chocolate taste. Even my little toddler couldn’t resist stealing a few dark chocolate baking chip from off the table while I was shooting these pictures. But for real, the Ghirardelli 60% cacao premium chocolate baking chips will ensure the best taste and texture to any baked treat. I use them not only in this cheesecake and ganache but also in cupcake batters and for hot fudge (recipes coming!). The crust of this cheesecake is simple, delicious, and CHOCOLATE! You just puree some chocolate cream sandwich cookies with a little butter and press it in some foil cupcake liners.
The batter is actually quite simple too as long as you have the ingredients at the correct temperature. The cream cheese and eggs must be at room temperature. If you don’t have the patience to wait you can cut the cream cheese into chunks and microwave on low power until softened. The trick for the eggs is to put them in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes. Easy peasy!
So to start the batter you just beat the cream cheese until smooth, mix in the condensed milk, and then the melted chocolate. It’s important to get all the lumps out at this point before adding the eggs to avoid incorporating too much air (that contributes to cracks). Then just mix in the eggs one at a time until smooth.
The easiest way to fill the cups is to use a trigger ice cream scoop. It’s the perfect tool for portioning the batter and being somewhat tidier. Then you pop these guys in the oven and…
Voila! Perfect little chocolate cheesecakes. So so yummy! Oh and the great part about little cheesecakes verse a big one is that you don’t have to wait as long for it to cool/get cold. Just 30 minutes at room temp and an hour in the fridge. Finally, cheesecake you can eat the same day you make it!
If you want to make these little cheesecakes super cute just stick some Ghirardelli Valentine’s Day Impressions Chocolate squares in. I love how they have the conversation heart messages on them (waaaaaaayyyyy better than those chalk tasting conversation hearts). They are the perfect gift for that special one in your life just plain or on top of these scrumptious Mini Triple Chocolate Cheesecakes (I highly recommend you make them)!
- 12 chocolate creme filled sandwich cookies (chocolate filled Oreos)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Baking Chips, melted
- ½ (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (about ⅔ cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 ounces (1/3 cup) Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Baking Chips
- ¼ cup whipping cream, hot
- 12 fresh raspberries
- Whipped cream
- Ghirardelli Valentine's Day Impressions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with foil cupcake liners.
- Place cookies and melted butter together in a blender and puree until no large chunks. Divide among cupcake liners and press the crumbs firmly in the bottom of each.
- In an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the sweetened condensed milk, melted chocolate, and vanilla and beat until combined and smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until evenly mixed. Spoon batter into liners dividing it equally among all 12. The batter should be almost to the very top of the liner.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until set (it won't jiggle when you shake the pan). Let the cheesecakes cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Remove the cheesecakes from the pan onto the cooling rack and cool another 15 minutes. Move the cheesecakes to the fridge and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until cold.
- Gently remove the foil liners and top with ganache, whipped cream, a raspberry, and a chocolate square.
- Place chocolate in a bowl. Microwave whipping cream and pour over chocolate. Let it sit for 2 minutes and then stir until smooth. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of ganache onto the top of each cheesecake and spread to the edges.
Recipe Source: Adapted from my Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.