My husband and I are newly proud owners of our very own barbecue grill! It may not seem very exciting to some of you but oh my, it’s changed our lives!!! Okay, maybe just our dinners. We tried to salvage the very old grill left behind by the previous owners but we were going to have to buy some new parts so we figured we would spend a little more to get one that will last longer than just this summer. It barely fit in our little car to take home and then took us a couple hours to put together, but we’ve been using it every day it hasn’t rained since. This burger is just one of the yummy meals we’ve been able to enjoy because of the grill. Definitely worth it!Just look at that juicy, perfectly grilled burger patty! Mixed with the meat is jalapeno, cilantro, green onion, egg, Panko bread crumbs, and southwest spices. There is no lack of flavor here! And then to top it all off is a slice of Sargento® Pepper Jack Natural Cheese Slices that packs in a little more heat. And can I just say, I not only love the taste of this cheese, made with simple ingredients but it’s also so easy to use/seperate because between each slice is parchment paper. Genius!
And here we have my cheeseaholic daughter who was pouting because I took the bag of cheese from her to put on the burgers… and I wouldn’t let her come outside by the barbecue. I was shocked that the Pepper Jack flavor wasn’t too spicy for her but she sure enjoyed it plain as well as on the burger.
How can you even eat a burger without cheese?! I mean just look at how it just hugs the beef like a blanket. Mmmm!
So not only does this burger have a delicious patty, it’s also topped with only the most yummy and fresh toppings– 100% real, natural cheese, homemade guacamole, salsa, and cilantro.
Whip up these tasty burgers for your next barbecue. They’ll be a hit!
Make sure to check out Sargento® on social, and share your Sargento® Cheese summer creations with #realcheesepeople!
- 1 pound ground round
- 4 slices Sargento Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 green onions
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 green lettuce leaves
- Guacamole (recipe below)
- Cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados
- 1 roma tomato
- ½ jalapeno, minced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 3 tablespoons onion, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Garlic salt to taste
- Make guacamole by mixing all guacamole ingredients together in a bowl. Refrigerate and make burgers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix all burger ingredients until well combined. Form into four equal patties. Cook patties on grill for 5-7 minutes each side or until done. About 1 minute before done, place cheese on each patty and buns on the grill to toast. Remove from grill when cheese is melted and buns are toasted.
- Assemble burgers on buns with a lettuce leaf, patty, guacamole, salsa, and cilantro. Serve with extra guacamole.
Compensation for this post was provided by Sargento Foods via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sargento Foods or AOL.