Guess what?!?!? I had my baby! Which is why I’ve been MIA. We are completely smitten with our little girl. Even our two year old daughter has taken to her much better than I expected and is already such a good big sister.
I forgot how tired you get taking care of a newborn but luckily my mom has been in town the last week and will be here for two more. She has been an enormous help cooking us dinner, cleaning out bathtub so it looks brand new, waking up with me in the night to burp and change baby so I can go back to bed, and playing with Carly. I don’t think we could survive without her!
I grew up eating this pasta salad quite frequently, especially in the summer when you don’t want to heat up the house and are looking for something light an filling. I love all the various flavors, textures, and vibrant colors of the vegetables. Food is so enjoyable when it’s both tasty and gorgeous, don’t you think?
For the dressing I like to use Ken’s Steak House brand Lite Northern Italian with Basil and Romano salad dressing. It has the perfect blend of spices and it’s lower in fat/calories. Oh, and it’s a lot easier to use than making your own dressing for the salad. But you can really use whatever Italian dressing you have on hand.
This Summer Veggie Pasta Salad can be made right before serving or in advance. Make it for a side at your next barbecue or as your main dish for meatless Monday! Then enjoy the leftovers the next day for an easy delicious lunch!
- 1 (16 ounce) box Rotini pasta
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 (2.25 ounce) cans sliced olives
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¾ cup Ken's Lite Northern Italian salad dressing (or your favorite Italian dressing)
- Fresh ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta as directed on package. When done, drain and place in ice water until cold. Drain again.
- Add the remaining ingredients, toss, and serve. Store in fridge.