Zucchini is one of those vegetables that grows like a weed. I remember during my freshman year of college my roommate brought some zucchini from her family’s garden and it was gigantic! We’re talking as thick as my leg! She let me use it to make Farmers Market Chicken Skillet for our Sunday roommate dinner but I wish I had also made these muffies!
Zucchini is great for dinner and keeping things healthy and all but it’s quite delish in baked goods like these Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Muffies… or muffins or bread.
Yep! You have three different options for this recipe. Make muffies (aka muffin tops), muffins, or a loaf of bread… or all three! I like muffies the best. The best part of a muffin is the top and a muffie is just one big muffin top. You do need a Muffin Top Pan to make them but it’s worth it! You can really make any quick bread/muffin recipe into muffies.
This recipe is a little different than your typical quick breads because it uses a box of pudding mix which makes them tender, fluffy, moist, and have a delicious lemon flavor. These might just become your new favorite breakfast or snack. So yum!
How are you going to eat up your zucchini?
- 4 cups flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with paper liners, grease muffin top pan and loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the milk, oil, eggs, lemon juice and extract.
- Fold in the zucchini, poppy seeds, and lemon zest.
- Pour into muffin tins, muffin top tins, or loaf pans. (for the muffins and muffin tops, fill ¾ full. I like to use an ice cream scoop.)
- Bake muffins for 18-22 minutes, muffin tops for 9-12 minutes, and loaves for 50-60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins and muffin tops to cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing onto a cooling rack. Bread loaf needs to cool completely in pan before removing.
Source: Taste of Home
*This post contains affiliate links.