This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Reames®. The opinions and text are all mine. Add a little bit of homemade goodness to your life with this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup!
One of my favorite winter meals from my childhood is mom’s chicken and noodles. Just the smell of it takes me back to being a little kid and slurping down that warm comforting deliciousness. This easy and tasty Slow Cooker Cream Chicken Noodle Soup will make you feel at home again and warm your up from the inside out.
My mom always made her own egg noodles from scratch but that takes like 2 hours because you have to dry them out. If you don’t have babies, a job, and a billion things on your “to do” list then yeah, it’s great… but I usually have laundry waiting to be folded, a child to be held, and dishes to be washed.
I found that I can get the same great taste and texture from Reames Frozen Egg Noodles but shave off an hour of prep time. You’ll love these delicious thick noodles!
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE using my Crock-Pot! It makes dinner prep and clean-up so much easier. For this Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup all you do it toss the chicken, veggies, broth, and seasonings in and let it cook for 4 hours on low. And no, that is not a typo. Most recipes say to cook on high for 4 hours and low for 8 (or something like that) but chicken isn’t a tough meat so it only needs to be cooked until it reaches 165 degrees. I have found that if I cook it longer it gets too dry and completely falls apart a the slightest touch. What you do want it moist and tender chicken that easily shreds into chunks… and that’s exactly what you get with this recipe. It’s perfection.
So after cooking it for 4 hours, you shred the chicken and add it back to the slow cooker, along with the milk, cream, flour, and frozen noodles. Make sure you give it a good stir and all the noodles are submerged. Cook it for 1 hour on high and the noodles will be cooked through and the soup will be nice and creamy.
The soup will continue to thicken as it cools. If it gets too thick you can add more milk or chicken broth about 1/2 cup at a time.
While cooking, the smell of this lovely soup will permeate through your home and make you feel all warm and cozy even before you take the first bite. And after that first bite, you won’t want to put your spoon down!
Enter the $50 gift card giveaway (US residents only) below by telling me what recipe reminds you of home.
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth (2 14.5 ounce cans)
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package Reames Frozen Egg Noodles
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 6 qt slow cooker along with the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, and salt and pepper. Pour in the chicken broth and cover. Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Add back to the slow cooker.
- Whisk the flour and cream together and then add it to the slow cooker along with the milk and Reames Frozen Egg Noodles. Stir until combined and all the noodles are submerged. Turn slow cooker to HIGH and cook for another hour until noodles are cooked.
- Mix in the parsley and serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Reames®. The opinions and text are all mine.