ONE PAN SESAME GINGER SALMON AND BROCCOLI is your new go-to quick and healthy dinner (with easy clean up!) that the whole family will love.
One of our favorite proteins to eat for dinner is salmon. We have it at least 2-3 times a month. It’s so easy to prepare, cooks fast, and everyone in the family loves it. Simple Salmon and Asparagus and this One Pan Sesame Ginger Salmon and Broccoli are some simple and healthy ways we cook it up for dinner.
My three year old loves salmon. It’s the one type of protein I can always count of her eating at dinner. And when we do have another protein that she realizes she likes and wants more of she refers to it as salmon. Basically to her any meat that tastes good is “salmon”. We attempt to correct her but I’m just happy that she’s eating and enjoying lean and healthy food.
So the salmon does have to marinate but it’s worth it. It only needs an hour but I think it’s just easier to take just 5 minutes the night before so that all you have to do the next night is lay it on the pan and bake. Plus, marinating it overnight gives the salmon extra time to soak up all those yummy flavors.
When you’re starting to get hungry for dinner, cook up some rice, preheat the oven, place it all on the pan and pop it in the oven. In just 20 minutes you’ll can have a healthy scrumptious dinner on the table.
Add this One Pan Sesame Ginger Salmon and Broccoli to your menu to help lighten your load and enjoy a nutritious and delicious dinner.
One Pan Sesame Ginger Salmon and Broccoli
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated (I like to buy the tube of paste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and place in a bag with the salmon to marinate at least an hour.
- Place salmon on a greased pan and discard excess marinade. Arrange broccoli around the salmon and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until it flakes (145 degrees).
I first shared this recipe on Spend With Pennies where I am a contributor.
Enjoy more Asian inspired recipes!