Okay, this Baked Salmon with Corn & Red Pepper Relish is seriously the most amazing! We just can’t get enough of it in our house. We make this version of salmon about once a month and everyone, including my 1 and 3 year old girls, eat up every last bit of it.
This salmon is cooked to perfection every time, so moist and flavorful. If you don’t have a bottle of coriander in your cupboard, go get one! It is my new favorite spice. It’s a little sweet, light, nutty, and curry like. If you already have smoked paprika or want to splurge a little on a spice, it takes this salmon to the next level.
The dressing on this salmon tastes amazing with the coriander, smoked paprika, honey, and a few other things but it is also great because you don’t have to let the salmon marinate. Just brush the mix over each salmon fillet and pop it in the oven. So easy!
The relish on this salmon is a must! Roasted red pepper with corn, garlic, honey, lemon, spices, and fresh herbs… it’s so fresh! I’ve been serving Orzo Rice along side this Baked Salmon with Corn & Red Pepper Relish but garlic roasted red potatoes would be pretty tasty with it too.
You are most definitely going to love this salmon as much as we do. Share it with your family and dinner guests. Everyone will be satisfied for sure. Enjoy!
Baked Salmon with Corn & Red Pepper Relish
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 can roasted corn (or regular)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ¾ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place peppers on a foil lined baking sheet and broil for 20 minutes. Turn ever 5 minutes so that the peppers get charred on all sides. When done, place in a paper bag for 10 mintues and then place on cutting board. Peel off the skin an cut out the stem, membrane, and seeds. Chop.
- Place salmon on a greased baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix oil, lemon juice, honey, paprika, coriander, and salt. Brush over the top and sides of the fillets. Pour any remaining sauce over the tops.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-13 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Meanwhile, make the relish.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and corn for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add the garlic, and thyme and cook 2 more minutes.
- Mix in the bell peppers, lemon juice, honey, coriander, and salt & pepper. Cook until heated through. Mix in the parsley and serve over the salmon. Serve with a side of Orzo Rice.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Epicurious