These one bowl Double Chocolate Cupcakes have an incredibly moist crumb and are topped with the silkiest chocolate buttercream frosting. Enter Rodelle Chocolate Package GIVEAWAY below!
My first true love was chocolate and our relationship is still going strong. I can proudly say that I eat chocolate everyday. I’m a chocoholic. For how much I like chocolate I have come to realize that I haven’t shared enough chocolate recipes on my site so this week is Chocolate Week! Tuesday I shared one of my very favorite brownies with you and today are these simple yet incredible Double Chocolate Cupcakes.
Sometime you just need a simple cupcake that is easy to make and this recipe is your answer my friends! You only need one bowl for the batter. Just a regular mixing bowl and whisk. I don’t know about you but having to pull my Kitchen Aid out of the cupboard is a big deal for me.
On top of the amazing cake is the most heavenly chocolate frosting. I could eat that whole spoonful! It is so so silky smooth and has the perfect amount of chocolate in it. Plus it comes together in less than 5 minutes and will take just 1 minutes to pipe it onto all 12 cupcakes. You can stop there or add some sprinkles for a little more fun.
These are perfect for any occasion but especially birthdays. It will definitely be a happy birthday with one of these Double Chocolate Cupcakes in from of you!
More chocolate recipes coming at ya:
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake by Cookie Dough & Oven Mitt
- Cherry Chocolate Milkshake by Cookie Named Desire
- Dark Chocolate Avocado Pudding by Jelly Toast Blog
- Chocolate Pudding Fudge Cake by Melanie Makes
Get entered in the GIVEAWAY to win some lovely Rodelle Chocolate Pacakage including baking cocoa, chocolate extract and vanilla extract.
Double Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ cup salted butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla and mix until combined. Pour in the boiling water and whisk until smooth. Batter will be very thin.
- Fill each cupcake well about ⅔ full (about ¼ cup of batter) and bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- With and electric mixer, beat butter and cocoa powder together until smooth. Add the sugar and beat until smooth. Pour in the vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk and mix for 2 minutes. If still too thick, add more milk to get desired consistency.
Disclosure: I have not been compensated for writing this post. This post contains affiliate links. Rodelle package prize will be provided generously by Rodelle. Winners must live in the US and be 18 years and older.