This post brought to you by Breyers. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Garnish & Glaze. Enjoy the sweetness of summer with a bowl of Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream!
I love this time of the year! Peach season! That sweet juicy fuzzy fruit tastes great as a simple snack, in a salad, or roasted with a scoop of ice cream (my fav!). You can even go a step further and add homemade candy like in this Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream!
This was my first time making honeycomb and it was surprisingly so easy to make and tastes amazing! It’s just sugar, honey, and water boiled together for 5 minutes and then poured into a pan to cool and harden. Then you just break it apart with a meat mallet or back of a spoon and you’ve got instant ice cream topping at your finger tips. I typically eat the yellow flesh peaches but white peaches are just as good, they just have a hint of a floral which pairs perfectly with the honeycomb. The great thing about roasting the peaches is that it makes them even sweeter, especially with the added lemon rind sugar. While roasting, the juices are released and a sweet peachy syrup forms that tastes divine on top of some ice cream. This recipe is extra special because it’s in honor or Breyers 150th birthday and was created by celebrity chef Curtis Stone and his wife, actress Lindsay Price Stone. They’ve created 12 recipes featuring Breyers Natural Vanilla, inspired by every month of the year, to give families a way to celebrate birthdays and special occasions with Breyers all year long. Breyers vanilla ice cream is seriously delicious! I usually want something mixed in or on top of vanilla ice cream but this I could eat just plain it’s so good! All Breyers vanilla is real and from sustainably farmed, Rainforest Alliance Certified™ vanilla beans. What also makes Breyers great is that it only sources milk and cream from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones.* Go grab some peaches and ice cream and make this recipe with your family and friends! For more ice cream recipes, follow Breyers on Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.
Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 ripe but firm white peaches, halved, pitted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tbs. sugar and lemon zest for about 1 minute, or until sugar is fragrant and moist. Arrange peaches, cut side up, in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Pour ⅔ cup water into dish. Sprinkle lemon sugar mixture over peaches and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until peaches are slightly softened and have released their juices.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray. In a medium heavy saucepan over high heat, bring remaining sugar, honey, and 2 tablespoons water to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until a candy thermometer reaches 305°F. Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda just until blended and mixture begins to bubble. Gently pour hot mixture onto prepared baking sheet and cool. Break honeycomb into small pieces and reserve in an airtight container.
- Spoon ½ cup Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each of 8 bowls. Top with warm roasted peaches and warm juices. Sprinkle with honeycomb pieces and serve immediately.
*Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.
**This post contains affiliate links.