Make Cherry Limeade Ice Cream using Kool-Aid for a fun refreshing summer dessert that the whole family will love!
I have a love-hate relationship with humidity. It’s great for my skin and I love that it makes swimming in a cold pool so refreshing but… other than that it’s terribly uncomfortable. I remember in high school coming home from field hockey practice in the summer with my clothes just drenched because of how hot and humid it was out. Ewww, I know! But what the uncomfortable humidity does do is give you a greater appreciation for refreshing desserts like this Cherry Limeade Ice Cream!
This is super simple to make. You don’t even need to pull out your big ice cream maker (though you totally can). Just grab your milk and 20 cent packet of Kool-Aid, mix it together, pop in the freezer, and voila! The perfect treat to enjoy with the kiddos on a hot day!
Cherry Limeade Ice Cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 packet Cherry Limeade Kool-Aid
- 2 cups whole milk or 2%
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or half & half
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, Kool-Aid, milk, and cream until the sugar is dissolved.
If NOT using an ice cream maker:
- Place in a bread pan, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for about 2 hours or until thickened. Transfer to a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Fold in the cherries and then place back in the bread pan, cover, and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
If using an ice cream maker:
- Pour mixture into the bowl of the ice cream maker and churn according to manufacture instructions adding the cherries for the last few minutes. Pour into a bread pan and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving to soften. Scoop into bowls and top with additional cherries, whipped cream, and garnish is a slice of lime.