This blog post was sponsored by Horizon Organic but the opinions are all my own. Conquer the hectic back-to-school schedule with easy weeknight meal recipes like this Creamy Tomato Chicken Florentine Pasta.
I love being lazy in the summer and going with the flow but I am just so much more productive with a schedule. Plus, we’re all happier even though we’re a bit busier. I know many of you have kids that are in school, various activities, plus you’re working all day so getting a healthy dinner on the table is
impossible difficult. I only have two kids with one in preschool and I still feel the struggle!
I’ve got a couple simple and easy recipes (including this Creamy Tomato Chicken Florentine Pasta) to help you feed your family a nutritious meal each night without stress or spending hours in the kitchen.
First easy recipe– Creamy Tomato Chicken Florentine Pasta. This meal comes together in just 30 minutes. Its full of lean meat, tons of spinach, tomatoes, which is all robbed in a cheesy garlic cream sauce.
After cooking the chicken, you use the same skillet (no need to clean it!) to make the sauce. Melt some Horizon Organic Salted Butter, saute some garlic, add the can of tomatoes, Horizon Organic’s Reduced Fat Milk and Mozzarella Cheese. This flavorful cream sauce will get even the pickiest of eaters to eat spinach!
Don’t forfeit your health or wallet on fast food, add this recipe to your weekly menu and scroll past the recipe for additional quick and easy weeknight meal ideas!
Creamy Tomato Chicken Florentine Pasta
Creamy Tomato Chicken Florentine
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into thin bit size pieces
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Horizon Organic half & half
- 1 cup Horizon Organic Mozzarella Cheese Shreds
- 1/2 cup Horizon Organic Reduced Fat Milk
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, packed (about 4 ounces)
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat water in a large pot with 2 teaspoons salt. Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until cooked all the way through. Remove the chicken from the the pan and into a bowl.
- Add the penne pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente and drain.
- Meanwhile, in the large skillet, melt remaining tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Add in the half & half, milk, and slowly sprinkle in the cheese a little at a time while stirring. Stir and cook until cheese is melted and milk begins to boil. Add the spinach, chicken, and pasta and toss. Serve immediately topped with fresh grated Parmesan.
More Weeknight Recipes
Spicy Fish Tacos are another favorite quick meal that also is really low fat and calorie. With perfectly seasoned tilapia and refreshing Horizon Organic Sour Cream, this will quickly become a family favorite.
I lived off these lightened up Chicken Salad Pitas in college. Make the salad before hand when you have time and then it takes just 1 minute to stuff it in the pita. It also makes a great on-the-go dinner for when you’re rushing from one activity to the next.
Sweet and savory Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas are a delicious new enchilada flavor that you won’t be able to get enough of! Top it with Horizon Organic Monterey Jack Cheese, avocado, and cilantro and dinner is served! Again, this is another meal where part of it can be made ahead of time for quick assembly.
This Pasta con Broccoli is the ultimate comfort food so maybe not the healthiest but it’s a great way to get your kids to eat broccoli and mushrooms. With Horizon Organic’s Half-and-Half and Heavy Whipping Cream, the creamy sauce on this pasta is irresistible!
Bagel Tuna Melts are so perfect for fall/winter. There is nothing more comforting than bread and warm melted cheese. Pop open a can of tuna and a bag of Horizon Organic Cheddar Cheese for a high protein dinner that is ready in less than 20 minutes.
Greek Chicken Gyros is another healthy 30 minute meal made with homemade Tzatziki sauce. No shortage of veggies here!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.