The other night I went to an dinner held by the women’s organization in my church. I almost didn’t go because it was starting to rain/snow right as I was walking out the door (crazy since the day before it was 70!) but I am so glad I went! It was fun to visit with friends (baby free!) of all ages and stages of life. We talked, laughed, shared crazy motherhood experiences, heard simple yet beautiful and inspiring stories of service, shed a few tears, and worked along side each other. Last night it really hit me that we really do need one another. There is so much that we have to offer and learn from each other. There is always someone who has or is going through the same/similar struggles and can offer advice, or be a helping hand, or even just a listening ear.
We love avocados here in my home. They taste so good on sandwiches (especially grilled ones), salads, quesadillas, and mashed up into guacamole! My baby even started enjoying guacamole when she was only 6 months old.
- 2 large Hass avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3-4 tablespoons salsa verde
- 1 1/2 tablespoon jalapeno, deveined and deseeded, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced (or 1 tablespoon dried onion)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix/mash until blended and desired consistency.
- Serve with chips, on sandwiches, or with any Mexican dish.
Recipe Source: Garnish & Glaze original recpie