Tomato Basil Bruschetta
Tomato Basil Bruschetta made with home grown tomatoes, ribbons of basil, and a bit of balsamic vinegar served on buttery toasted French bread.
Prep Time 6 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 14 minutes
- 3 yellow tomatoes diced, seeds removed
- 3 red tomatoes diced, seeds removed
- 10 basil leaves cut into ribbons
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 French Baguette cut into 1/2 inch slices (about 16 slices)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic cracked
In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a non-stick skillet. Add 8 bread slices and cook until golden. Remove from skillet, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter over medium heat and cook the other side of the bread until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
Rub one side of each slice of toasted bread with the garlic clove.
Spoon tomato mixture over each slice of toast and serve immediately.