Try this One Skillet BBQ Chicken and Potatoes for a yummy healthy family meal that is easy to make and clean up.
I’m a big fan of one-pot meals. Who isn’t though? Dirty dishes are the worst so I’m all for cutting down on using more pots and pans to cook dinner. With this One Skillet BBQ Chicken and Potatoes all you have to clean up is a knife, cutting board, skillet, and bowls (or you could use paper bowls!!!).
Well I’m getting ahead of myself with talking about the easy clean up. This meal is also so simple to put together! You just have to chop up some veggies and chicken and cook it up. Easy peasy! But enough about how easy this meal is to make and clean up. It’s also super tasty!
This skillet dish is made with simple, fresh, and healthy ingredients that your family probably enjoys often. With the method of cooking used in this recipe the potatoes develop a flavorful crusty outside that is amazing. Plus, everything is caramelized in the sweet and smoky KC Masterpiece Hickory Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce. If you’re looking for a way to get your kids to eat their veggies, this is it!
One Skillet BBQ Chicken and Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1.5 cup carrots, cut into 1 inches pieces
- 3-4 red potatoes, cut into 1 inches pieces
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup KC masterpiece Hickory Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce
- Green onions, chopped
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When butter has melted, add the potatoes (try to have cut side down) and carrots. Add the water, cover, and cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove the lid (don't stir yet!) and cook for 3 more minutes and then stir, trying to flip the potatoes. Push the vegetables aside and add the chicken. Season with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes and then flip the chicken and cook until no longer pink (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the garlic and barbecue sauce and let it simmer and stir for 3-5 minutes allowing the sauce to thicken and caramelize the chicken and vegetables.
- Garnish with parsley and green onions and serve.
Recipe source: Inspired by Chelsea’s Messy Apron
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.