Cranberry Jalapeño Dip is a sweet and spicy flavorful fresh salsa spread over a bed of smooth whipped cream cheese. This is a great appetizer to serve at holiday parties!
Once you try this Cranberry Jalapeño Dip you’ll understand all the hype. It’s sweet, tangy, fresh, and has a little heat (depending on the jalapeño). Good appetizers are a necessity at holiday parties. For more yummy recipes for the holidays, try Spinach Artichoke Dip, Toasted Ravioli, and Mexican Layered Dip.
Cranberry Jalapeño Dip
This dip is so easy to make and can be prepared in advance. Cranberries are a bit tart and often used in desserts or made into a sauce. This dish is an opportunity to enjoy them fresh with the addition of a little sugar, lime, cilantro, and jalapeño.
Ingredients for Cranberry Jalapeño Dip:
- Cranberries– Fresh cranberries are needed for this recipe. They can be found in the produce section during November and December.
- Sugar– Cranberries are quite tart so sugar is needed to bring balance.
- Cilantro– This herb adds freshness and flavor to the dip.
- Green Onion– Green onions add a mild bite to the dip.
- Jalapeño– The heat of the jalapeño pairs beautifully with the sweet tart cranberries.
- Lime Juice– Citrus adds a brightness that brings all the flavors together.
- Salt– Just a little salt is needed to help accentuate the other flavors and sweetness.
- Cream Cheese– This tangy soft spreadable cheese is in the best appetizers. The creaminess is great in combination with the sweet and spicy salsa on top.
How to make Cranberry Jalapeño Dip:
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Place all ingredients EXCEPT cream cheese in a blender or food processer and pulse until cranberries are roughly chopped. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least an hour.
Whip the cream cheese for about 2 minutes using an electric mixer. Spread into the bottom of a pie pan or platter.
Use a sieve (mesh strainer) to strain the salsa. (If desired, use leftover juices in cocktails or smoothies.) Spoon salsa over the cream cheese mixture and serve.
Serve with crackers and/or pita chips. (I prefer Wheat Thins.)
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS DIP:
- Cuisinart Food Processor– This 8-cup high power food processor is great for making dips, salsa, pie crust, and more.
- Electric Hand Mixer– This is one of my most used kitchen gadgets. It’s great for frosting, whipping egg whites, cookie dough… more affordable one.
- Mesh Sieve– I love these mesh strainers and use them all the time for pasta, canned beans, sauces…
LOOKING FOR MORE APPETIZERS? CHECK OUT THESE:
- Baked Jalapeño Poppers
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Cranberry Feta Pinwheels
- Crab Rangoon Dip & Wonton Chips
- Jalapeño o Popper Dip
Cranberry Jalapeño Dip
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 jalapeno, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup green onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- crackers, Wheat Thins, pita chips…
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT cream cheese in a blender or food processer and pulse until cranberries are roughly chopped. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least an hour).
- Whip the cream cheese for about 2 minutes using an electric mixer. Spread into the bottom of a pie pan or platter.
- Use a sieve (mesh strainer) to strain the salsa. (If desired, use leftover juices in cocktails or smoothies.) Spoon salsa over the cream cheese mixture and serve.
- Serve with crackers and/or pita chips.