This post is brought to you by Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Garnish & Glaze. For an easy dinner or Game Day treat, pull out your slow cooker and Campbell’s “Made for Real, Real Life” Sauce for these flavorful Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders with Apple Slaw.
With a two year old and a baby, I’ve been really diggin’ the slow cooker meals. My girls are pretty good, but around 5pm my two year old is bouncing off the walls or trying to pull me off the couch while my baby is screaming as I try to remain on the couch feeding her. This leaves little time and energy to get dinner on the table before we end up snacking on an entire box of crackers. And with Nick on his 7am-7pm rotation, waiting for him to watch the kids just isn’t an option. That’s where mommy meets Crock-Pot and Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces.
With Campbell’s Sauces you are able to really cut down on prep time and ingredients. You just pop that meat and sauce into the pot in the morning and forget about it while you enjoy your day. After 8 hours, shred that meat and dinner is pretty much ready.
I decided to use the shredded pork on sliders but you could also eat it on rice or in a tortilla. To get in our fruit/veggies I topped the pork with some fresh sweet Apple Slaw that adds a nice crunch. You are going to love it!
With Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces I’m able to spend more time with my girls and still have a delicious meal to share with my family. While dinner was cooking away, Carly and I enjoyed a fun time with homemade play dough.
This girl cracks me up! I love seeing her play and discover the world. As you can see, she decided we had to make an ice cream cone and a bracelet. And would you check out her cross-eyed skills! haha!
Did you know that CSCS are not only great for every day meals but they are awesome for game day gathering with friends? Meals with Campbell’s Slow Cooker sauces are delicious and so easy to make. Just 5 minutes of prep time is all it takes. Take the Game Day Great, Every Day Easy Challenge and experience it for yourself.
Campbell’s has 6 yummy varieties of Slow Cooker Sauces (Tavern Style Pot Roast, Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork, Beef Stew, Southern BBQ, Sweet Korean BBQ, and Hawaiian Pork) for both beef and pork. I’m so excited to try them all! I usually have a roast in the freezer so with these on hand I always have an easy meal I can throw together.
I hope you like these yummy sliders (both the taste and ease of prep) as much as we did! Enjoy!
Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders
- 12 slider buns
For the Pork:
- 1 2-3 pound boneless pork shoulder or loin
- 1 package Campbell's Slow Cooker Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork Sauce
For the Apple Slaw:
- 3 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin extra light olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Pork:
- Place the pork in the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour the sauce on top and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours until fork tender.
- Shred pork and mix it with the sauce.
For the Apple Slaw:
- In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, honey, and lime juice.
- In a large bowl mix all the veggies with the dressing and then season with sat and pepper.
- Open buns and fill with pork and Apple Slaw. Serve immediately.