You guyyyyys!!!! I love pizza and this one is da bomb! Easy peasy, full of veggies and cheeses, and made out of a delicious quick and simple crust (mine is half whole wheat flour!).
Pizza for dinner is the best because it’s filling and the variation possibilities are endless. I always make a full batch of my No Knead, No Rise Pizza Dough so I end up with two pizzas. This way we’ve got some options/variety and we have leftovers (Best reheated in the oven on a pizza stone or pan.) This Artichoke, tomato, and Spinach Pizza was the favorite of the two I recently made. Hard to believe since it’s meatless! Ha! Even Carly really liked it!
So here we’ve got lovely marinated artichoke hearts, thinly sliced vine ripe tomatoes, fresh spinach (great way to use up spinach that is on it’s way out the door… if ya know what I mean), fresh Parmesan cheese, and lots of mozzarella cheese.
Let’s talk about cheese for a sec. We all have busy lives and the pre-shredded cheese is great for convenience but if you want the best texture and taste you must buy the block and grate it yourself. And I definitely recommend always using fresh Parmesan cheese. If you get a good quality block of Parmesan cheese like Parmigiano-Reggiano it seriously lasts for months (Parmesan is a hard cheese which is why it lasts so long) but you’ll probably eat it all up before then because it’s so yummy.
Wow, I could really go for another slice right now. Did I mention how much I love pizza? Ugh, I wish you could just reach toward your computer and pick up a slice to try! Soooo freakin good!
Artichoke, Tomato, and Spinach Pizza
- 1/2 Pizza Dough recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, freshly shredded (divided)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 large vine ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 6 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Make/cook pizza dough as directed by recipe.
- Brush olive oil over the entire rolled out dough. Spread the garlic even over the top followed by 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Layer on the spinach, tomato slices, and then artichoke hearts. Sprinkle with salt, remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and then pepper.
- Cook pizza as directed in pizza dough recipe.
- Top with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, slice, and serve.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Rachel Ray (different dough, different amounts of all ingredients)