Asiago, Spinach, and Sausage Cavatappi is a flavorful veggie packed pasta that comes together in less than 30 minutes.This past weekend Nick had another 28 hour shift from Friday to Saturday and fortunately the weather was gorgeous so I was able to take the girls out before we all went too crazy. After putting Natalie to bed Carly and I had a little movie/haircut party. I had her sit in the Bumbo (yeah, my 2 1/2 year old uses it way more than my baby!), snapped the tray on, gave her some popcorn and even a little Sprite, and then cut her hair while she ate and watched a movie. She did great! A lot better than the last time I tried to cut her hair and she cried about it being “broken”. I didn’t do a great job so I actually gave it a second shot last night to even things out. We’ll see how it looks in the morning when it’s dry. It might just be worth it to pay. Ha!
While I’m not too confident with my hair cutting ability, I am pretty sure you are going to LOVE this Asiago, Spinach, and Sausage Cavatappi!
I don’t eat sausage very often but I recently discovered its deliciousness in pasta and now I can’t get enough! I love the slight crispness and the strong flavor, especially this sweet Italian sausage.
This pasta is packed with veggies, particularly spinach. 10 ounces of spinach! It’s A LOT but you’ll see that it’s the perfect amount once it wilts. It makes this dish a high source of vitamin A which helps maintain healthy skin & vision. Yay!
Made with simple healthy ingredients, take less than 30 minutes, and tastes fabulous… what’s not to love?! Oh and how fun are these Cavatappi noodles?! Enjoy!
Asiago, Spinach, and Sausage Cavatappi
- 1 16 ounce bag Cavatappi noodles*
- 1 pound Sweet Italian Sausage, removed from casings
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 15 ounce can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- ¾ cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Boil pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes until done, stir occasionally. Add garlic for the last 30 seconds and then drain off fat.
- Add the tomatoes and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Toss in the spinach and cook until wilted.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain, return to pot, and add the sausage mixture to it. Fold in the cheeses and serve.