This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KetchupsNewMustard #CollectiveBias If you like grilled hot dogs, wait until you try Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs topped with sweet sauteed onions, jalapenos, and New Heinz® Yellow Mustard.
It’s getting warm out which means it’s time to pop open that grill and cook up something yummy! Hamburgers and hot dogs are a good classic favorite, but wrap bacon around it and you’ve got something really special.
And what makes bacon wrapped around a delicious beef hot dog even better? I know. How can that even be possible?! But it is, with sweet cooked onions, some spicy jalapenos, and of course mustard.
If you’re looking for the best tasting mustard, Heinz Yellow Mustard is where it’s at! I mean, how could they not have the best when they’ve been around for almost 150 years?! It’s got the perfect blend of spices and vinegar for that desired balance of flavor and tang. Plus it’s made with 100% natural ingredients! Isn’t it amazing how bright of a yellow mustard seeds make this yummy sauce?
I don’t know about you but one thing I hate when using condiments is that you have to shake the heck out of them before squeezing or else you’ll get a nasty watered down first squirt that gets all over the place. Heinz was smart and started packaging their mustard in the brilliant top-down squeeze bottles. No shaking required and you get mustard out with the very first squeeze! It even comes in a small 8 ounce bottle that is just about the cutest thing.
What are you going to top with Heinz Yellow Mustard (besides these hot dogs)???
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 4 beef hot dogs
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 sweet yellow onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- Heinz Mustard
- Secure the end of a slice a bacon to the top of the hot dog with a toothpick and then wrap around the hot dog in a spiral. Secure the end with another tooth pick. Repeat with remaining hot dogs.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet and add sliced onion and salt. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes until tender and translucent.
- Place hot dogs on a preheat grill and cook for about 7-8 minutes, turning as needed until bacon is cooked. Remove toothpicks.
- Assemble by placing hot dog in a bun, top with cooked onion, sprinkle with jalapeno, and drizzle with mustard (and ketchup if desired).
Recipe source: Adapted from Pop Sugar