Okay, this might be embarrassing for my husband, but I just think it’s too cute not to share.
The other night Nick and I were both sitting on the couch, me working on the blog and he was studying (he’s in med school). I look over at him and he is holding his hand up to his face kinda weird so I ask him what he is doing and he says: “I’m trying to see what it would be like to have one eye. I like to imagine I have the diseases I study about so then I can easily remember them and be like ‘Oh yeah! I remember when I had that disease!'” I though it was pretty cute and funny but then I started thinking more about it and was impressed that he really tries to image what someone with whatever disease might be experiencing and going through. Really, Nick is going to be an awesome doctor! 🙂
But enough about my cute husband, let’s talk about this BBQ Chicken Pizza!
I’ve been making this pizza for awhile now but just recently added cilantro on top and I’m never going back! I think cilantro has become my favorite herb (if you couldn’t tell) which is surprising because there was a time in my life when I hated it.
It’s just like CPK’s BBQ Chicken Pizza but costs way less to make and I shredded my chicken because I think it’s easier to bite. But really, the perfectly cooked crust, yummy sauce (thanks Sweet Baby Ray’s!), shredded chicken, purple onion, and fresh cilantro makes this a pretty easy dinner that everyone loves.
The recipe is for just one pizza but I recommend (and this is what I ALWAYS do) making a full recipe of my No Knead, No Rise Pizza Dough and topping one pizza with the BBQ chicken toppings and for the other pizza you could make a traditional pizza with red sauce and your choice of toppings or you might want to try my Tostada Pizza.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1/2 recipe No Knead No Rise Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue sauce divided
- 1 cup chicken cooked and shredded
- 1-1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 2-3 thin slices red onion cut in half
- 2 tablespoons cilantro roughly chopped
- Mix 2 tablespoons Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue sauce with the shredded chicken and place back in the fridge until dough is ready for toppings.
- Prepare No Knead, No Rise Pizza Dough.
- Layer toppings on dough in the following order: remaining barbecue sauce, 1/2 cup of cheese, shredded chicken, remaining cheese (1/2-1 cup, however much you like cheese!), and red onion.
- Bake 10-12 minutes following the instructions in No Knead, No Rise Pizza Dough.
- After removing the pizza from the oven, slide it onto a cutting board, sprinkle with cilantro, slice, and serve.
Recipe Source: Garnish & Glaze original recipe