Berry Chicken Spinach Salad is a sweet, refreshing, and filling summer salad. This salad is loaded with berries, chicken, avocado, goat cheese, pepitas, and then topped with a delicious poppy seed dressing. You will be eating this salad all summer long!
Summer is salad season and there’s no yummier salad than this Berry Chicken Spinach Salad! Tons of yummy and nutritious topping on a bed of baby spinach and topped with the most amazing 5-Minute Poppy Seed Dressing. If you’re looking for more yummy spinach salads, you’ll also want to put this Autumn Poppy Seed Spinach Salad, and Chicken Pasta Salad with Spinach & Tomatoes.
Berry Chicken Salad
This Berry Chicken Spinach Salad is currently my very favorite salad and I’ve been eating it at least 3 times a week for the last month. I’ll make it for dinner one night and grill extra chicken so that I can then eat it for lunches over the next couple days. I could seriously eat this everyday and not get sick of it.
Why is this Spinach Salad so amazing?
- It’s SWEET! Helps me to eat healthy and satisfy that sweet tooth.
- It’s full of FRESH BERRIES which are delicious but also beautiful. Who doesn’t love pretty food?!
- It’s so CREAMY! If you’ve never tried goat cheese in salad you are missing out. When it gets mixed with the dressing it makes a creamy mess (as does a ripe avocado) and it’s a dream!
- The FLAVOR! It’s sweet but also has a bit of salt from the pepitas. The seasoning on the chicken is also bomb. The chili powder and paprika on the chicken taste so yummy in combination with the dressing and berries.
- It’s FILLING! The chicken adds lots of protein to the salad and the fat from the avocado, goat cheese, and dressing help you feel satiated (full). Plus, the heat of the spices on the chicken taste bomb with the sweet poppy seed dressing.
How to Make Berry Chicken Salad:
- In a small dish, mix together the seasonings for the chicken. Rub olive oil on the chicken and then sprinkle with the spice mixture. Cook on the grill or grill pan over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes per side or until cooked throughout (165° F). Let cool and then slice.
- Assemble salad by placing the spinach in the bottom of a large bowl. Top with the chicken, berries, avocado, goat cheese, and pepitas. Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss. Serve immediately.
What is the best dressing to use?
I highly recommend my homemade 5-Minute Poppy Seed Dressing. It’s my absolute favorite dressing and is amazing on this salad. You could also use a creamy poppy seed dressing, balsamic dressing, or citrus dressing like in my Blackberry Blood Orange Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette.
MORE DELICIOUS SALADS TO TRY:
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS SPINACH SALAD:
Large Salad Serving Bowl– I love this white serving bowl! It’s deep, beautiful, and it will go with any decor.
Salad Tongs– These are great for if you are having a buffet. As much as I love gorgeous wooden spoons for a salad, if you have a buffet table where people are holding their plate with one hand they need to because to get some salad with one hand.
Grill Pan– A grill pan is great for is you don’t have a grill, only need to grill a small amount, or want to grill in the winter.
Berry Chicken Spinach Salad
For the Chicken:
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
For the Salad:
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups fresh berries
- 2 avocado
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pepitas (or sliced almonds)
- ~1/3 cup poppy seed dressing
- Rub chicken with olive oil. Mix all seasonings together and then sprinkle onto both sides of chicken breasts. Grill over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes per side until at least 165°F. Place on a cutting board and allow to cool while preparing the salad and dressing. Slice when cooled.
- Place spinach, berries, avocado, goat cheese, pepitas, and chicken. Drizzle with dressing, toss, and serve.