This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites. All opinions are 100% mine. This high protein, low calorie and fat Chicken Fried Rice is a delicious and healthy alternative to take-out.
Fried Rice is one of my favorite Asian side dishes. I just love the flavor and it can really be a meal since it’s composed of a starch, veggie(s), and protein(s). The problem is that fried rice can be really high in fat and calories when you get it at a restaurant or order take-out.
This recipe is awesome because it only uses 1 tablespoon oil and it’s made with brown rice so you’re getting more vitamins and fiber. I also used AllWhites Egg Whites instead of whole eggs so it’s also a little lower in cholesterol and calories but is still packed with tons of protein. 26 grams! That definitely caught my husbands attention. The more protein, the better!
AllWhites liquid egg products are a lean source of protein that is super convenient to use and can be easily kept on hand. It’s 100% liquid egg whites with no yolk so it is naturally fat-free and cholesterol-free. You can find it in the dairy section of your local grocery store right next to the normal eggs.
For those of you who are trying to cut back on your dietary cholesterol intake and reduce calories, this can be a healthy alternative to recipes that call for eggs (though I don’t recommend substituting this in baked products if the recipe calls for whole eggs. Yolks make baked products rich and tender). Also, if you are participating in the Weight Watchers® program this has a 0 PointsPlus® value per serving. Score!
You are going to love this flavorful fried rice! Serve it as a side to your favorite Asian dish or dish up a big bowl and call it a meal. Enter the Rafflecopter Giveaway below to win a month’s wroth of coupons for AllWhites Liquid Egg Whites. Find more recipes using Egg Whites at AllWhites Egg Whites Favorites and follow AllWhites Egg Whites on Pinterest and AllWhites Egg Whites on Facebook.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup extra long grain brown rice
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Thai chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup 8 ounces AllWhite Egg Whites
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 35 minutes or until tender. (You can use a rice cooker instead if you have one.)
- In a small dish, mix soy sauce with Thai chili sauce. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
- Stir in the pepper and green onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add in peas and stir for a minute. Add in the rice and cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce mixture and then push the rice to the sides of the pan to make a whole in the middle. Lower the heat to medium-low and pour the eggs into the middle of the pan. Let the egg start to set and then use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir just the egg. When all the egg is cooked, stir the rice and the eggs together. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: All Egg Whites