Twice last week I overheard Nick playing with Carly and while holding her up to the window he said “Look! An invisible force field!” I guess that’s what we’re calling windows these days. Well a few days later we were watching the movie Rio and the bird, referring to a window, said something like “I’m protected by an invisible force field.” I about died laughing. What are the odds of that!?
I LOVE panini sandwiches! That crispy bread, warm ingredients, and melted cheese… Y-U-M! I recently bought a ginormous jar of pesto from Costco and have been making everything pesto. Last week I threw these Chicken Pesto Panini sandwiches together for dinner with a side balsamic spinach salad. Completely satisfying! …so I made one for myself the next day for lunch. 🙂
Pesto Chicken Panini
- 8 chicken tenders, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 ciabatta buns, sliced in half
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, pesto sauce, and red pepper.
- Spread mayonnaise on the inside of each bun.
- For each bun, layer with chicken mixture, cheese, and spinach.
- Close buns, lightly butter the top, and grill on panini press (or Foreman grill). Cook for 3-4 minutes or until buns are crispy and cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve.
Recipe Source: Inspired by Zupas Cafe