Have you ever had such a bad cold that your nose is raw at the tip from blowing and wiping it? Well, that’s what’s goin on with mine. Carly has been sick too and at first she would always turn her head away trying to dodge the Kleenex or booger sucker but after a week of this nasty cold she seems to have given up and just takes all the wiping and sucking. I hate seeing my baby sick… but I do enjoy all the cuddling! Also on the upside, I made this yummy and easy meal.
I LOVE this chicken salad! I eat it by the spoonfuls! Seriously. It’s made with half Greek yogurt and half mayonnaise, bringing down the calories and fat but still has the same great taste (and doesn’t sit too heavy). It’s fun to eat in a pita but you could also serve it in buns or croissants. Make it for an easy dinner or swap it for that boring PB&J lunch. So what are you waiting for???? Go make it!
Chicken Salad Pitas
Chicken Salad in Pitas
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise canola oil
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 cups chicken cooked and cubed*
- 1 1/2 cup apples chopped
- 1 1/2 cup grapes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped (optional)
- 8 pita pocket halves
- 1/2 cup cashews roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, pepper, and seasoning salt until smooth.
- Add chicken, apples, grapes, and green onions and mix until coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fill each pita half with about 2/3 cup of chicken salad.
- Top with chopped cashews and serve.