I took Carly to her 9 month appointment yesterday and she is in the 90th percentile for height! I was always in the 5th percentile so I’m pretty sure she’ll pass me up by the time she is 14. She didn’t have to get any shots this time so that was good because I almost cry along with her when she does. It’s the saddest thing to see your baby screaming in pain and look up at you with tears in her eyes as if she were saying “Why are you letting this happen!?”
I really love crock-pot meals, especially on Sundays because we don’t get home until after 4 and we are usually starving. This Chipotle Pulled Pork requires about only 10 minutes of your time in the kitchen so it’s great for those busy days. It tastes delicious in a burrito with black beans, Spanish rice, salsa, sour cream, and cheese. Don’t forget to squeeze some of that lime over the top to bring out the flavors!
Chipotle Pulled Pork
- 1/2 sweet onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-3 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning, depending on how spicy you want
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 3 pound pork loin, shoulder, or butt
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, for serving
- Blend onion, sugar, garlic, chipotle seasoning, cumin, salt, oil, and vinegar in a food processor or blender.
- Place pork in crock pot and pour blended mixture on top. Rub the mixture all over the pork and leave the pork fat side down.
- Cover and cook for 7-8 hours on low.
- When tender, take meat out and shred with two forks on a cutting board (discard fat).
- Mix shredded meat back in with remaining juices.
- Serve on a platter with lime wedges. Use in tacos, burritos, or salads with lettuce, beans, rice, salsa, sour cream, and cheese.
Recipe Source: Inspired by Ree Drummond’s (The Pioneer Woman) recipe Spicey Pulled Pork (different spices, less oil and garlic cloves, different method of cooking)