I just love being a mom! Sure I don’t enjoy cleaning up the surprises in the bathtub or wearing lots of food and other bodily fluids but there are so many sweet moments during the day that I just love. At Costco the other day while strolling up and down the aisles Carly was just singing/jabbering “The Itsy Bitsy Spider” and even doing the hand motions. I sure love the entertainment she provides. Yesterday I caught her looking in the mirror pointing at herself saying “Carly”. She then hit herself on her head saying “No!” and immediately gently stroked her face and said “soft”. So she does listen to me! Then a few minutes later I caught her hugging and giving her baby doll kisses. I hope she continues to be this sweet when her sister comes.
But let’s talk about what’s staring us both in the face:
These Key Lime Cheesecake Bars are divine! First off, the crust is made of graham cracker and toasted coconut giving it more of a tropical flavor. Then you’ve got the refreshing tart yet sweet, silky smooth cheesecake. And then the bars are topped with fresh whipped cream and garnished with coconut, lime zest, and a beautiful lime slice. So pretty and delicious.
And I love that these are in bar form! I really like crust and these bars have a 1:3 ratio instead of a 1:10 ratio like a regular cheesecake. It’s also perfectly portioned. Key Lime is a strong flavor so a regular big slice of cheesecake can be a bit much, plus a ton of calories. But key lime bars? Perfect!
Jump into spring with these gorgeous cheesecake bars!
Coconut Key Lime Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust:
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs about 7 graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes*
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
For the Cream Cheese mixture:
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese mixture, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs room temperature
For the garnish:
- Lime Zest
- Sliced Key limes
- Shredded coconut
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 inch pan with foil and lightly spray with oil.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and coconut together with melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer with the paddle attachment, whip the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Mix in the lime juice and whipping cream. Mix in the eggs one at a time until combined. Pour over crust and bake for 22-24 minutes until center is set.
- Let cool in pan on a cooling rack for 1 hour and then refrigerate at least 3 hours before cutting. Serve garnished with whipped cream, coconut, lime zest, and lime slices.