With a brown sugar brownie bottom, cream cheese frosting, and walnuts & Heath on top, Cream Cheese Blondie Bars are nothing short of addicting!
These bars!!!! I have been meaning to post these for ever ago! As in like back in January. I am so so sorry I kept you from these babies but I guess your waistline can thank me. But who cares about one’s waist at this time of year?! Bring on the comfort food, candy, and baked goods!
These bars are super addicting. I had to take a bite like every 5 minutes white photographing them.. and then cut off a tiny sliver of one each time I walked into the kitchen… which I do many times a day. When these bars are around all selfcontrol goes out the window.
As usual, I try to pon off the dessert I make to my husbands friends so I don’t end up eating it all. Well, these bars got rave reviews and have been requested multiple times. In fact, some of his friends claim these to be their favorite thing I’ve ever made!
I can’t wait for you to have these in your life! K, now I need to go make them again.
Cream Cheese Blondie Bars
For the brownies:
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
For the Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoon milk
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup Heath Toffee bits
For the Brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Mix in the walnuts and then spread the batter into the bottom of the greased pan.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
For the Frosting:
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese together. Mix in the vanilla and add the powdered sugar a little at a time. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time to thin to desired consistency. Beat until smooth.
- Frost cooled brownies and then sprinkle with walnuts and Heath. Cut into 24 bars. Store in an air tight container.