Soft and tender Glazed Strawberry Muffins are the perfect sweet treat to share on Valentine’s Day.
Don’t you just love this time of the year when everything is pink and red?! It’s just so pretty! Makes me happy… especially these pink muffins.
Before making these I actually never had strawberries in muffins but it’s actually quite tasty. As in I ate 3 the first day! One without glaze right when it came out of the oven (oh my gosh it just smelled so irresistibly good). Then I had to eat one after glazing/during the photo shoot. And finally, I had to split one open for a photo and I tried to pawn it off on Carly but she wouldn’t take it and you know how parents are with eating their kids leftovers. The batter is pretty easy to make. It’s slightly thick but still thin enough to fold in the berries. I wanted to make sure some berries showed through on top so I poked a few more pieces into the top after scooping the batter in. Oh and a little trick for cupcakes and muffins- use an ice cream scoop to drop the batter in. With this recipe you’ll want to do a slightly overflowing scoop into each muffin cup.
My daughter LOVES berries. Her favorites are raspberries and strawberries and lately with Valentine’s Day coming up we’ve had a lot of strawberries around. She calls them “berriezzz” in a deep voice. Gosh I love hearing her talk and try to learn new words. So despite me giving her 5 berries of her own to munch on while I finished up these photos she needed more and came up and stole a few right out from under me. It was so cute that I just had to let her and capture it.
Break open that muffin and you’ll find a light and tender crumb and little bits of strawberry. So yummy! These taste so amazing warm but are still good after they’ve completely cooled and the glaze has dried.
These muffins would be perfect for Valentine’s Day morning or to share as a treat at work or school.
Glazed Strawberry Muffins
For the Muffins:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
For the Glaze:
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line muffin tins with 16 paper liners or grease with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine the milk, buttermilk, and vanilla together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 1 minute). Add one egg at a time, mixing thoroughly after each. Switch to using a wooden spoon or a spatula and alternate between adding the flour mixture and milk mixture in 3 batches to the creamed butter mixture. Mix after each addition until almost combined. Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon batter into 16 muffin cups (about 1/3 cup). Bake for 17-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Immediately remove muffins from tin onto a cooling rack. Cool for 10-15 minutes before applying glaze.
For the Glaze:
- Whisk all glaze ingredients together and then dip muffin tops in. Rotate and twirl the muffin for and even coating. Enjoy immediately or allow to cool completely for glaze to dry.