With New Year’s resolutions starting this week I’m sure a lot of salads are on the menu. Nuts are one of my favorite toppings to add to salad. If I’m lazy I just add roasted peanuts but I prefer toasted or glazed so I’ll often put forth the 10 minutes to prepare a cup of nuts for the week to add to my salads. It’ definitely worth it!
It only takes 4 ingredients and a skillet to whip up these addicting sweet and crunchy Honey Glazed Walnuts. These are especially perfect for those who are trying to limit their refined sugar intake.
Honey Glazed Walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a non-stick skillet. Mix in the honey and cinnamon and then mix in the nuts.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often until coated and toasted.
- Pour nuts onto the lined baking sheet and quickly separate the nuts using a spatula or fork. Let cool (about 5 minutes) and enjoy!