Loaded Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries topped with beans, corn, avocado, cheese, and lime sour cream are sure to be your new favorite appetizer. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringIntoFlavor #CollectiveBias
It’s warming up outside which means it’s time to open the grill and Spring into Flavor by serving up some burgers and fries. But don’t just make a plain old burger and side of fries. Spice things up with a gourmet burger and some Spicy Loaded Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries.
I am such a sucker for sweet potato fries. I love the sweet and salty combo and not only does Alexia carry Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt but they also have Chipotle Seasoned version. Oh my gosh they are good! It took all my will power to stop sneaking a fry here and there so I could photograph this delicious appetizer masterpiece.
It’s no secret I have an obsession with cilantro and any Mexican food so I just had to top these sweet potato fries with black beans, sweet corn, cilantro, cheese, lime, and sour cream. I was going to top it with a cheese sauce but I was so happy with my lower calorie sour cream option. So refreshing, especially with the lime juice.
And confession time! I was planning to top this with Queso Fresco Mexican cheese but what was in my fridge ended up being old so I went for the next closest looking thing to it- goat cheese. Oh man was that a beautiful mistake! Sprinkled on the warm fries it starts to melt and gets all creamy. You’ve got to try it… or you can go with the original plan of Queso Fresco.
If you’re not a fan of sweet potato fries, Alexia also has delicious Crispy Onion Rings. I’ve tried them all and I love how they are made with natural ingredients and taste so fresh. Plus they are baked (healthier) yet still crispy. I love being able to take them straight from the freezer, pop them in the oven, and have them ready to eat when our burgers are ready.You can find all varieties of Alexia Fries at your local Walmart. They are super easy to find. Right in the Frozen Food section with all the frozen potato products right at eye level. You won’t miss it.
Loaded Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 20 ounce bag Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet yellow corn
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup 1 ounce Queso Fresco Mexican Cheese (goat cheese is also really good), crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Bake fries according to package.
- While fries are baking, mix the sour cream with lime juice and zest. Heat the black beans over low heat on the stove. Roast the corn in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until browned.
- When fries are done and crisp, place on a platter and top with black beans, corn, avocado, and cheese. Drizzle with the lime sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately.