I first shared this recipe on Centsless Meals where I am a contributor. Mediterranean Pasta Salad is an easy-to-make healthy and refreshing dish tossed in a simple Greek vinaigrette. It’s the perfect meal for a hot summer evening and for sharing at a potluck barbecue.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Pin it to your SUMMER RECIPES board to SAVE it!
FOLLOW GARNISH & GLAZE ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY.
We live off Pasta Salad like this Mediterranean Pasta salad during the summer. Almost all my life I’ve lived where the summers are not just hot but humid so eating a hot meal or even just cooking and heating up the house is torture. Pasta salads are great because they’re eaten cold, you only have to boil water, and since you prepare it before hand and it lasts for days, dinner is always just 1 minute and one scoop away. I also love that pasta salads are full of veggies! It’s so refreshing and keeps me healthy and my tummy happy.
How to Make Pasta Salad?
The first step is to get your pasta cooked. Like always when cooking pasta, you’ll want to make sure you salt the water thoroughly so that the noodles are well seasoned. Once they are done, drain the pasta and place it in a bowl of ice water so it can cool down completely. Once the ice has melted and the noodles are chilled, drain off the water and place the pasta back in the bowl.
While the pasta cooks, chop up the veggies and drain and rinse the beans. I like to cut the onions and cucumber thin and cut the artichoke hearts in half so that they are more bite sized. You can use roasted red bell pepper in this but pimientos already come chopped up and I’m all for taking shortcuts.
The last step to making this salad is making the dressing. Don’t be intimidated about making your own dressing! All you need are a few simple ingredients and a jar. Place the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and salt & pepper in the jar and give it a good shake.
Can I make this Mediterranean Salad in advance?
Yes! That’s partially why I love this salad so much. It lasts for up to 4 days in the fridge. It’s the perfect salad for taking to a potluck or meal prepping for lunch or dinner for the week.
HERE ARE A FEW MORE SALAD RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Summer Veggie Pasta Salad
- Poppy Seed Spinach Salad
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS PASTA SALAD:
- Knife Set– I got this when I got married almost 8 years ago. I use them multiple times a day and they’re still going strong!
- Pyrex Mixing Bowls with Lids– I love my mixing bowls with lids because then I am able to stack things up with the fridge. Plus, glass is nice for when I need to microwave whatever is in it.
- Mason Jars– Every kitchen needs a set of mason jars for everything from salad dressings, to sauce, to soup, to jam.
How to Make Mediterranean Pasta Salad Video Tutorial
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 10 ounces cavatappi pasta
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber sliced
- 4 ounces pimientos
- 2/3 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 7 marinated artichoke hearts halved
- 3/4 cup feta
- 1/4 red onion sliced thin
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package. Drain and then place in an bowl of ice water until chilled and then drain again.
- In a large bowl add pasta, cucumber, chickpeas, pimientos, artichoke hearts, red onions, olives, and feta cheese. Pour dressing over the top, toss, and serve. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
For the dressing:
- Place dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake to combine.