The Super Bowl is coming up which means you need ideas for party food. Honestly, I’m not a big fan of watching football. I understand how it works (at a basic level) thanks to having to attend high school football games to play in the school marching band. It was fun to be with friends and cheer but those uniforms were hideous and super itchy. Ya know what is beautiful? This Mexican Layered Dip!
Anyway, even though I don’t really like watching football, I do love an excuse to get together with friends and munch on yummy food together. One of my favorite childhood hors d’oeuvres is this Mexican Layered Dip. It is full of so many yummy ingredients– bean dip, guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes, olives, cheese, and chips! Plus it easy peasy. You can make it ahead of time, you don’t have worry about keeping it warm, and it makes A TON. Oh yeah, and everyone loves it. My toddler especially likes it, particularly the olives.
The other day when I made this recipe I ended up dividing it onto two plates just so that my husband and I could keep one at home and I could take the other to a girls’ night. The plate I took was gobble right up… and the one at home didn’t last more than two days. That good people!
Do you have plans for Super Bowl Sunday? What do you typically make or like to eat at a Super Bowl party?
Mexican Layered Dip
- 2 cans Frito Bean Dip one regular, one hot
- 3-4 medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1-2 tablespoons jalapeno diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 3.8 ounce cans black olives, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups grated Four cheese Mexican Cheese
- Mix the two bean dips together and spread onto a large platter (or two small platters).
- Mix avocados, garlic, jalapeno(just add 1 tablespoon at a time in case you get a really hot jalapeno), onion, lemon juice, and salt together. Spread over the the beans.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning and spread over the guacamole.
- Layer the remaining ingredients on in the following order: green onions, tomatoes, olives, and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate or serve immediately with corn chips.
Recipe Source: slightly adapted from mom (less sour cream and mayo)