I first shared this Chocolate Chip Granola Bar recipe on Centsless Meals where I am a contributor. Make No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars at home (with just six ingredients!) to always have on hand for an afternoon snack or to throw in the kids’ lunch.
How to make No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Pin it to your SNACK board to SAVE it!
Follow Garnish & Glaze on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Some of my favorite things to eat as a snack are Homemade Granola, Homemade Salsa with chips, and granola bars. As a kid I LOVED Quarker chewy granola bars. They were like a dessert! If you love them as much as I do then you have to try these No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. They taste just like it and you can make them for a fraction of the price.
My oldest just started pre-K this month and she already seems so much older! She loves it! She is such a social butterfly and after moving away from all her friends in Omaha, starting school to make new friends was a necessity. During the summer she often said she wanted to go back to Omaha but now she tells me that she wants to stay in New York.
These babies just take six simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand– quick oats, rice cereal, brown sugar, honey, butter, and chocolate chips. Plus, they are super quick to make. Just cook the sugar, honey, and butter over the stove, pour it over the oats and cereal and then press it into a pan. Sprinkle on the chocolate chips and press them down in and you’re done!
I’m thinking I need to make a peanut butter version of these babies, don’t ya think?
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups rice cereal
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Mix oats and cereal together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, bring brown sugar, honey, and butter to a boil over medium heat. Lower to medium low and gently boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over the cereal/oats. Mix until evenly coated and press into an 8x8 inch square pan.
- Immediately sprinkle with the chocolate chips and press them down. Let bars cool all the way before cutting. Wrap individually in plastic wrap.
For more snacks, try these: