This Moist Pumpkin Bread topped with Cream Cheese Frosting is the best way to enjoy pumpkin this fall with friends and family!
Soooo, for the first few times I listened to Taylor Swift’s new song, “Shake it Off” I thought she was saying: “And the Baker’s gonna bake, bake, bake, bake, bake.” #foodbloggerproblems! It makes no sense at all but I’ve got food on my mind and I’ve been known to be terrible at understanding song lyrics and thinking they’re something totally ridiculous. I also have this Moist Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting on my mind like allll the time.
To those of you who don’t get to experience the weather changes and live where it’s always hot or perfect 70 degree year-round paradise, you have the go-ahead to start inhaling all things pumpkin if you haven’t already. Hello Pumpkin Cupcakes and Pumpkin Pancakes! Sometimes I think it would be nice to live where it doesn’t get lower than 50 and I never have to scrap snow/ice off my car but then I think I’d miss the cool crisp air and wearing coats (yes, sometimes multiple) and boots.
I can’t believe I am going to admit this, but this fall weather is making me miss high school. Who says that?!! Mostly I miss playing field hockey. I loved being part of a team and running with a purpose– to whack a ball into a box. It’s one of the few sports where your uniform is a skirt/kilt. Plus, field hockey requires you to be in a squatting position pretty much the whole game so my rear was definitely in great shape. ha!
I miss college too! Even the classes and studying. There’s just something so satisfying about learning and also that relieved feeling you get when you leave your last class of the long day and head home to change into some comfy clothes and eat a warm bowl of soup with some toast (yeah, I ate that a lot in college… I really like toast) before hitting the books.
Okay, enough with my ramblings. THIS bread is A-mazing!!!! So so moist and for dayyyys, but it probably will be gobbled up before day 3. And then there is the heavenly cream cheese frosting on top. I really should have covered the sides with it too but then it would be too much like a cake… which it kinda already is if you glance down at the calories or don’t.
Enjoy this yummy Moist Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting and this lovely fall season!
Moist Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese frosting
For the Bread:
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, (add more if needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 1 4 1/2" x 8 1/2" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Make a well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly beat together the eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, oil, and water. Add to the well of the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes but tent a piece of foil over the top half way through (you need to pinch it at the ends so it forms a dome so the bread can rise) to prevent the top from browning too much. Start checking the bread at 50-55 minutes and if it looks too wet on top, take off the foil and finish cooking without it. Cook until toothpick comes out clean. Let the bread cool completely in the pan before removing.
- Make the frosting by creaming the frosting ingredients together. Spread on top of bread.
Try these other delicious quick breads: