Start off those cool fall days the right way– with a few slices of Pumpkin French Toast!
I love French Toast! How can one not love something when it’s smothered in sweet heavenly syrup (my favorite is buttermilk syrup)?! Regular French toast is great but add some pumpkin and cinnamon and then we’re talkin. Oh and you’ve got to have the whipped cream! Yeah, I like to pretty much turn my breakfast into a dessert.
This French toast is so yummy as well as easy to throw together. You can use whatever kind of bread you want but I have really enjoyed just getting the $1 French bread at the store and slicing it up. You just mix up the milk, eggs, pumpkin, and spices, dunk the slices, cook em up, and serve… topped with lots of syrup, whipped cream, and pecans of course!So speaking of toast, the other morning Carly pushed her “helper chair” up to the counter and stood there by the toaster while our toast cooked. Pop! Carly totally jumped back. She fell down and started to fall off the chair but I caught her. It was too funny to see her so surprised/scared… and then she said “ouchie bum bum!” I of course comforted her but I also laughed. It was something you would see on America’s Funniest Home Videos. Fun times!Make some Pumpkin French Toast this weekend. You’re gonna love it!
Pumpkin French Toast
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 loaf french bread cut into 3/4 inch slices
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together. Add the pumpkin, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray the pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Dip both sides of each piece of bread in the batter (I dip it quickly because I don't like soggy French toast but leave it in there longer if you do.) and then place in the skillet. Cook on each side until golden brown.
Recipe Source: adapted from Cooking Classy