Start your weekend off right with the most delicious breakfast– RASPBERRIES ‘N CREME BISCOFF CREPES!
A week ago my friends and I went to a berry farm to pick raspberries. It was a perfect 70 degree day, though it felt pretty hot standing out in the fields without shade. I thought I was all prepared by bringing a stroller, hat, and sunscreen for Carly but what I didn’t anticipate were the mosquitos. Last year we didn’t notice any but this year I think we all left with at least 20 bites each. I even got a few through my shirt! Hate those bugs… and all bugs really.
Oh and speaking of bugs, I almost ran into the biggest spider of my life! I was just so focused on my mission to find as many beautiful red ripe raspberries as possible that while spotting a bunch and starting to reach for them I noticed a gigantic black and yellow spider just chilling in the center of it’s web 5 inches from my hand. I jumped so high and started screaming and then just kept jumping and doing a weird little “oh my gosh! I can’t believe I was that close to a creepy spider!” dance.
After that incidence I was pretty cautious of where I was putting my hand. That night I told my husband about the spider so he was his curious self and started looking it up online and reading about. Turns out it doesn’t harm humans and are pretty common in gardens. But still! Bugs, me no likey!
But back to the raspberries. I ended up picking about 6 cups. They weren’t as big as they were last year but they were still yummy. Carly has been popping them in her mouth like candy and has eaten about half of them herself.
Anyway, you’re probably wondering what we did with all the raspberries that Carly didn’t eat. I was going to make some raspberry-peach jam (like my strawberry) but instead I made some pinwheel danishes, threw some on oatmeal, and made these scrumptious Raspberries & Creme Biscoff Crepes– my favorite dessert-breakfast (dessert disguised a breakfast). D-licious! I mean how can you go wrong with a delicate crepe filled with fresh berries, Biscoff cookie spread, and lots of whipped cream (homemade is the only way to go)?!
My first time having Biscoff spread was at a little hole in the wall crepe and waffle stand right off our college campus (It was called the Aweful Waffle… terrible name. Not a good idea to put the word “aweful” in a title). We went with some of our best couple friends (who we miss dearly!) and they told us we HAD to get the cookie butter. So glad we listened. This stuff just about changed our life! Tastes like melted Teddy Grahams. It’s awesome with raspberries but also tastes great with blueberries and bananas or just by itself in a spoon! But really, you’ve got to try these Raspberries n’ Creme Biscoff Crepes. A prefect way to start the day.
RASPBERRIES ‘N CREME BISCOFF CREPES
Raspberries & Cream Crepes
For the Crepes:
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 9 tablespoons Biscoff spread (1 tablespoon per crepe)
- 2 cups raspberries ~1/4 cup per crepe
- 1 recipe whipped cream we only used half of it
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, whisk water, milk, eggs, and vanilla together. Add flour, sugar, and salt and beat with whisk until smooth (this can be done in a blender too).
- Heat a crepe pan or 8 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Brush the pan with a little of the melted butter. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the middle of the pan and quickly rotate the pan so the batter spreads evenly to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 20 seconds until the edges look done. Loosen the edges with the spatula and then flip the crepe. Cook for 10-15 seconds and remove onto a plate. Repeat with remaining batter and stack crepes with a paper towel between each.
- Spread Biscoff on one half of each crepe (I like to heat mine in the microwave for a few seconds), then place raspberries on half of the Biscoff and fold the crepes into fourths. Top with whipped cream and powdered sugar.