Let’s face it, eating raw all the time can be hard. But my goodness, does my body feel amazing when I eat raw food. It’s so ding-dang delicious and I have so much more energy when I eat raw! So today I’m bringing you lovely readers of Garnish and Glaze a cute, “I-can’t-believe-this-is-raw,” raw key lime tartlet recipe. It’s unbelievably simple and super quick to make for these upcoming Summer months, which let’s all agree that simple and quick is pretty amazing for anytime of year. Are you convinced yet? 🙂
It’s also so great because I can literally eat two or three of these and not have any guilt. So, that’s pretty amazing, I’d say.
Delicious Key Lime Tartlets
For the Crust:
- 1 cup raisins previously soaked overnight or dates
- 1 ½ cups walnuts
For the Filling:
- 3 avocados
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp lime zest
- kiwis for garnish optional
- Make the crust by using a food processor to finely blend the walnuts and raisins or dates to create a dough-like mix. If it isn't coming together so well, add a tablespoon of water to get the mixture started.
- Take your tart shells and line them with saran wrap and the press the dough into the shells.
- Use the food processor again to blend the avocados, lime juice, lime zest and honey into a very smooth pudding-like mix. Make sure you taste this, you may need to add more lime or honey depending on your taste preferences.
- Pour the lime mixture into the tart shells and add kiwis for decoration.
- Put in the freezer for about 30-60 mins, or until the lime mixture has the consistency of mousse.
- Take out and lift the saran from the mold and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Feel free to check out my blog, Lauren by Design. Thanks so much, Melanie, for letting me be a contributor to your blog! 🙂
Connect with Lauren @ Lauren by Design: