“Christmas is coming the goose is getting fat. Please put a penny in the hold man’s hat. If you haven’t got a penny, a ha’ penny ‘ll do. If you haven’t got a ha’ penny, God bless you!”
Did anyone else sing that in elementary school. What a funny song. Oh and then there was “Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay and when it’s dried and ready, oh dreidel we will play. Oh…” Does that song ever end? How the heck did my mom put up with my siblings and I constantly singing these endless annoying songs?!
So um, this bark is A-mazing. Really, my husband tried a piece and said “Wow! That stuff is good! Like really good!” There’s nothing more satisfying than making something my hubby really enjoys.
With this bark we’re talking 3, THREE!!! kinds of chocolate (Ghirardelli chocolate!) PLUS dried cherries AND the most deliciously spiced pecans (my favorite part!). And when I say spiced I don’t only mean seasoned with your typical holiday spices like cinnamon and nutmeg but also cayenne pepper for a little kick that makes you go “heck yeah!”
I made this on Saturday and I think between my husband and I we have already eaten a pound of it. And so the holiday weight gain begins! No wonder so many make the New Years Resolution to eat healthy, workout, and lose weight… but that’s not for another month so let’s enjoy all the yummy holiday treats!
So make this for yourself, family, and friends. It would be a great treat to handout for a holiday gift. Yummmmmm!
Spiced Pecan Triple Chocolate Bark
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 3/4 cups dried cherries, chopped
- 1 pound Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate
- 1 pound Ghirardelli white chocolate
- 1 pound Ghirardelli dark chocolate, 60% bittersweet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Mix spices together in a small dish and set aside.
- Melt butter and brown sugar together in a pan over medium-low heat until bubbly. Add chopped pecans and cook for 4 minutes to caramelize. Mix in the spices and then spread the nuts onto the lined baking sheet. Bake for 6 minutes and then cool completely. Break clumps apart when cooled.
- Melt each kind of chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave at 50% power in 30 second increments until smooth. (I just set mine to defrost to reduce microwave power.)
- Line another baking sheet (17 x 12 inch) with parchment paper. Drizzle each chocolate like ribbon over the parchment baking sheet. (I like to drizzle the semi-sweet, white chocolate, and then dark chocolate.) Sprinkle cherries and pecans on top. Cover chocolate with parchment paper and press flat and to the edges of the pan. Place chocolate in the fridge for at least two hours. Remove top parchment paper and then break chocolate into 50-60 pieces. Store in a plastic bag or Tupperware in the fridge.
Recipe source: Adapted from Emeril Lagasse