Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip made with three cheeses.
We don’t go out to eat much, but when we do I’m always down to have spinach artichoke dip as an appetizer, especially when it is as good as this creamy, cheesy, NO mayonnaise dip. Yeah, I have come to find that many don’t like mayonnaise or really just the thought of eating mayonnaise. I don’t mind it and love so many recipes with it but things (like this dip) are good without it too.
Mmmm… All I want to do is cuddle up on the couch with a big platter of dip. I could probably eat half this recipe by myself in one sitting! Not the best thing to binge on but hey, it’s got spinach and artichoke! Right?
Soooo, I’m super excited about this new yellow plate along with a few other fun colored dishes I got for Christmas. And the best part, all the dishes were .99 cents each! Oh I do love a good deal! I think it just makes me feel good that I can justify getting something that I don’t absolutely need… by hey, it was my Christmas present so that legitimately justifies it. Oh and I’ll have you know, I was having trouble coordinating the color of chips with what color of bowl and plate to use and my husband suggested to use a red bowl which I happened to have and ended up looking great. Wish he didn’t have to go back to school already so he could be around during the day to help my indecisiveness.
What are you waiting for? Whip up this recipe and dig in with your family and friends!
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed (this helps it melt faster)
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese shredded (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- In a medium sauce pan, saute onion in butter over medium high heat until translucent. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in milk a little at a time and bring mixture to a boil (continue to stir). Once mixture boils and begins to thicken, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan, 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, hot sauce, salt and pepper until just melted in and smooth. Remove from heat. Mix in the spinach and artichoke.
- Place in a lightly greased 9x9 inch baking pan and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or pita bread.
Recipe source: Garnish & Glaze original recipe