I would say this is Cheesecake Factory level. Yeah. It’s THAT good! Smooth, rich, chocolatey CHOCOLATE! yum!!!! Garnishing with strawberries (or raspberries) is a must to complement the intense chocolatey richness. …A glass of milk works well too if you run out of strawberries. Oh, and it is fairly easy to make… making it even better if that is possible.
We went to a dinner party the other weekend with our med school couple friends and I brought this dish along. The dinner was on a busy day for us so I needed to make something that would be good made ahead of time (the night before) and this decadence came to mind. It was a big hit! One of my friends even said “You should start a cooking blog!” What an awesome compliment! It made me feel really good. 🙂
The last time my husband and I enjoyed this was 3 1/2 years ago right after we got back from our honey moon. We subleased my sister’s apartment for the summer and she left half of this in the fridge. Lucky us!!! And that is when we started gaining weight. haha… Welcome to married life!
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- 18 chocolate crème filled cookies
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Crush cookies in a plastic bag or food processor and then pat into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Melt the 2 cups of the bittersweet chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Mix cream cheese, chocolate, eggs, vanilla, and condensed milk with electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool completely and then remove sides of pan.
- Heat whipping cream to a boil over low heat. Add 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour ganache over the top of the cake and spread to the edges, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Slice and garnish with fresh strawberries.
Recipe Source: recipe was given to me by my mom… not sure of original source.