Learn how to Bake Bacon in the oven for a hands off way to prepare bacon with the perfect crispiness. Enjoy it as a side, on a sandwich, or on top of salad and pasta!
Oven Baked Bacon is the only way to go! It’s less of a mess to clean up, cooks evenly, and you can cook more at once. We all know there is never too much bacon! In fact, there is never enough bacon!
Bacon in the Oven
Cooking bacon in the oven makes cooking eggs and hash browns a lot easier. We often eat breakfast for dinner and I just pop the bacon in the oven, set the timer, and cook the eggs and potatoes while the bacon bakes. Such an easy meal! We also love making bacon this way for hamburgers.
Ingredients for Oven Baked Bacon:
- BACON– That’s it! All you need is regular sliced bacon of whatever variety you prefer.
How to Bake Bacon:
Time needed: 14 minutes
Preheat oven to 425°F. (For easy cleanup, line pan with parchment paper or foil.)
Place slices of bacon on pan in one even layer with no overlapping.
Bake on middle rack for 12-14 minutes until desired crispiness.
Remove bacon from pan and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Blot top with a paper towel (if desired) to absorb excess grease.
Eat as a side to eggs, on a hamburger or BLT, crumbled in salad or pasta…
425°F. At this temperature it cooks evenly and fairly quick. It can also be cooked at 400°F but will take a few more minutes.
To bake a half pound of bacon (8-10 slices) on a half-sheet baking pan, it takes 12-14 minutes at 425°F. This can vary though depending on the thickness of your bacon, oven variation, and elevation. Start checking for doneness at 12 minutes.
YES! I have found that if I only cook 4-6 pieces of bacon it cooks in only 8-10 minutes.
Unfortunately that means your oven has some hot spots. You might have to rotate your pan halfway through cooking or just remove some pieces and return the pan to the oven for a couple more minutes to finish cooking others.
TOOLS USED TO BAKE BACON:
- Half-Sheet Pan– I LOVE these pans. I’ve had the same 4 pans since I got married (10 years ago) and they are in great condition. I use them all the time for sheet cakes, cookies, roasting vegetables, baking chicken…
LOOKING FOR RECIPES WITH BACON? CHECK OUT THESE:
- Apple & Bacon Spinach Salad
- The Best Broccoli Bacon Salad
- Bacon and Scallop Pasta
- BLT Tortellini Salad
- 5 Cheese Mac & Cheese
- Creamy Potato Soup
How to Bake Bacon
- 8-10 slices bacon, (about 1/2 pound)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. (For easy cleanup, line pan with parchment paper or foil.)
- Place slices of bacon on pan in one even layer with no overlapping.
- Bake on middle rack for 12-14 minutes until desired crispiness.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Blot top with a paper towel (if desired) to absorb excess grease.