I first shared this recipe on Centless Meals where I am a contributor. No Bake Key Lime Pie is the pie of the summer! It’s refreshing, sweet, tart, and easy to throw together. You don’t even have to turn on the oven!
THE BEST KEY LIME PIE
PIN IT TO YOUR DESSERT RECIPES BOARD TO SAVE IT!
FOLLOW GARNISH & GLAZE ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY.
This No Bake Key Lime Pie is the perfect dessert for your next summer party. There’s nothing quite as refreshing and perfect for summer as a cold lemon or lime treat. That tart citrus flavor hits the spot and is especially great in desserts because the tart and sour flavors are balanced by the sugar.
I’ve told you before that I’m not a huge fan of pie but pretty much any pie made with a graham cracker crust is one I cannot pass up. The filling is always something ultra yummy and creamy which is exactly the case with this baby. While graham cracker crust is often cooked, you actually don’t have to with this pie since it’s packed held together because it’s chilled. The summer is already unbearably hot so not having to turn on the oven and heat up the whole house and increase your electric bill is definitely a plus.
How to Make Easy Key Lime Pie:
You’ll start out by making your graham cracker crust. You can buy whole graham crackers and grind them up in a food processor or blender or skip that step by buying a box of graham cracker crumbs. Place in in the bottom of you pie dish along with with sugar and melted butter and mix it up until everything is nice and moist. Then you can pack down the crumbs onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Place the crust in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
Next, you need to whip up your cream. You can do this using an electric hand mixer or your stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Whip it just until it forms stiff peaks. Plop it in another bowl and then add the room temperature cream cheese to the mixer but this time with the paddle attachment. You’ll cream this for a couple minutes until it’s nice and smooth and then your slowly drizzle in the liquid gold, I mean sweetened condensed milk. That stuff is good! Once that is mixed in you can mix in the lime juice and then fold in the cream that you whipped up.
How easy is that?! Then you just pour the filling into the crust, cover, and let it chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. When you’re ready to serve it, garnish with some whipped cream, lime zest, and limes. Unlike baked Key Lime Pie, this pie already has a lot of cream in it for balance the tartness so you won’t need to smoother the top with whipped cream. Just add enough for some finesse or just skip it.
What are you waiting for? Whip up this No Bake Key Lime Pie and invite your friends over to enjoy it with you. The combination of sweet, tart, and cream is one you’re sure to love. Enjoy!
More great refreshing summer dessert recipes from Garnish & Glaze:
- Mini Raspberry Lemon Cheesecakes
- Cherry Limeade Ice Cream
- Strawberry Topped Tres Leches Cake
- Mixed Berry Pavlova
- Mini summer Berry Galettes
- Lemon Raspberry Poke Cake
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS EASY KEY LIME PIE:
Kitchen Aid Mixer– This is so handy to have in the kitchen. I use it for cookies, cakes, frosting, bread, whipped cream… LOVE IT!
9-inch Pie Dish– Every kitchen need at least one pie dish. You can use this dish for any kind of pie you heart or tummy desires.
Citrus Zester– It seems weird to add orange, lemon, or lime peel to your food but just a little bit goes a long way and makes a load of difference. I love adding citrus zest to desserts but also to proteins like fish and chicken.
No Bake Key Lime Pie
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
For the Filling:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese full fat, room temperature
- 1/2 cup key lime juice or lime juice
For the Garnish:
- 1 lime sliced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Whipped cream
For the Crust:
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and sugar together in a 9 inch pie plate. Mix in the butter until everything is moist and then press into the bottom and up the sides of pan. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
For the Filling:
- Meanwhile, beat the heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until stiff peaks. Remove whipped cream from the bowl into another bowl.
- In the stand mixer (no need to clean out), beat the cream cheese for 2 minutes until creamy. Stream in the sweetened condensed milk and mix until smooth. Add the juice and mix until combined. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Add the whipped cream back to the bowl and use a rubber scraper to fold it in. Pour the filling into the chilled crust and smooth out the top. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
For the Garnish:
- When ready to serve, garnish with whipped cream, lime zest, and lime slices. Slice and serve.