Roasted Beets are about to be your new favorite vegetable! Not only are they a gorgeous deep red making them the perfect addition to your plate but they taste delicious!
I used to stay far away from beets but after enjoying them in a salad at a local restaurant, I can’t get enough! They are so pretty, easy to roast, and taste great warm or cold.
OVEN ROASTED BEETS
Roasted Beets requires just 3 ingredients- Beets, oil, and salt. So simple yet so good. Plus, you can even enjoy the leaves of beets too. Here are some ideas of how to enjoy them.
1. Prepare the beets by washing and peeling.
2. Dice into about 3/4 inch pieces and spread on a baking sheet.
3. Drizzle beets with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss to coat and spread out.
4. Roast in a 425 degrees F preheated oven.
5. Toss every 10 minutes until tender (about 30 minutes).
Can I roast other vegetables with beets?
Yes! A medley of vegetables would be delicious! Add some red potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, peppers, squash…
What other seasonings can I add?
For more flavor you can easily shake on some Italian seasoning.
A combination of chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder are also really yummy.
Tips for preparing beets:
Preparing beets can be a little messy. I recommend wearing an apron.
If you don’t want your hands dyed pink, I recommend wearing gloves while peeling and dicing.
TOOLS USED TO ROAST BEETS:
- Half-Sheet Pan– I LOVE these pans. I’ve had the same 4 pans since I got married (10 years ago) and they are in great condition. I use them all the time for sheet cakes, cookies, roasting vegetables, baking chicken…
- Cutting Board– I love having various sizes of cutting boards and these are awesome because they won’t slip and slide around on the counter.
- Knife Set– I’ve had these for 10 years and use them multiple times a day and they’re still going strong!
- Vegetable Peeler– This is my favorite peeler. It gets the job done quickly and effortlessly.
LOOKING FOR MORE SIDE VEGETABLES? CHECK OUT THESE:
- Roasted Green Beans
- Sauteed Zucchini and Squash
- Oven Roasted Mushrooms
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes
- 3 pounds red beets, peeled and diced into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place diced beets on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Toss to evenly coat and then spread out on the pan.
- Bake beets for 30 minutes, tossing them every 10 minutes, cooking until tender.