Balsamic Glaze is so easy to make with just 2 pantry staples. Drizzle this sweet and tangy sauce over salads, vegetables, meat, pizza, and more!
Homemade Balsamic Glaze
If you’re looking to take your vegetables, meat, salad, pizza,… to the next level, MAKE. THIS. SAUCE. It’s so ridiculously easy and you won’t be able to resist eating whatever it’s drizzled on.
Ingredients for Balsamic Glaze:
- Balsamic Vinegar– This dark, intensely flavored aged vinegar is slightly sweet and great for dressings or marinades.
- Brown Sugar– It’s made up of granulated sugar and molasses, giving it a greater depth of flavor. Maple syrup or honey will work in this recipe as well.
How to make Balsamic Glaze:
Time needed: 15 minutes.
- Combine & Simmer
Combine ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes (stirring occasionally) until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (liquid will have evaporated leaving just over 1/2 cup of thick concentrated vinegar).
- Cool & Use
Let cool completely and then use or pour into a jar.
Balsamic Glaze is a sauce that is both sweet and tangy. It’s a delicious condiment that is great on salads, vegetables, meats, Caprese Pizza…
Store in an airtight glass jar in the fridge. The glaze thickens as it cools. If too thick to drizzle, heat in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
Since both vinegar and sugar a natural preservatives, this sauce lasts for 2-4 weeks (or longer!). If made without sugar, it will last months.
Yes! Balsamic vinegar has sugars in it so it is naturally slightly sweet. Simmer the balsamic vinegar alone until you’re left with about 1/2 cup reduced liquid.
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS SAUCE:
- Pot & Skillet Set– These are the skillets and pots I use. They have a heavy bottom making them sturdy and cook the food evenly. I use these multiple times a day.
- Weck Jars– These cute jars are the perfect size for homemade sauces and dressings.
- Spiral Whisk– I love this whisk for making cooked sauces. It gets into the corners of the pan so that nothing burns and everything is incorporated.
LOOKING FOR MORE AWESOME SAUCE? CHECK OUT THESE:
- Lemon Tahini Dressing
- The BEST Cranberry Sauce
- Bacon Jam
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- The BEST Jalapeño Pepper Jelly
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, (or honey or maple syrup)
- Combine both ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes (stirring occasionally) until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (liquid will have evaporated leaving just over 1/2 cup of thick concentrated vinegar).
- Let cool completely and then use or pour into a jar. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-4 weeks.