This sweet and savory Honey Garlic Chicken & Asparagus is all cooked in the same skillet and is ready to eat in less than 20 minutes! This is sure to be a family favorite for those busy school nights.
Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
PIN IT TO YOUR DINNER RECIPES BOARD TO SAVE IT!
FOLLOW GARNISH & GLAZE ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY.
If you have a sweet tooth, love garlic, and want to eat ASAP, then this Honey Garlic Chicken & Asparagus is for you! The school year can be so busy especially the evenings when you’re juggling tired kids, activities, getting home from work, feeding the family… There’s so much to be done between 3pm and bedtime, am I right? While I love slow cooker meals, sometimes I forget to do the work in the morning so that’s when I turn to meals like this that can be made start to finish in less than 30 minutes.
How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken:
You’ll start out by seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper and then dredging it in flour. This gives the chicken a nice coating that helps seal in the juices to create a moist and tender chicken breast.
Next, cook the chicken for about 3 minutes per side until nice and golden. Push everything to the sides of the pan and add in the butter and garlic. This is the start of the yummy honey garlic sauce. Once the garlic is fragrant you can add in the honey, soy sauce, and vinegar. Let it simmer with the chicken for a couple minutes to allow it to thicken and then you’ll remove the chicken to a plate and pour the sauce into a bowl and cover with foil so everything stays warm while you steam the asparagus.
How to cook asparagus & store it:
Asparagus is so easy to cook! Here are some tips on how to store, prep, and cook it:
- How to Store: Place asparagus upright in an Tupperware and fill with about an inch of water so that the ends of the asparagus can drink it up to stay nice and firm. Drape the grocery bag over the top of the asparagus and place in the fridge.
- How to Prep Asparagus: Remove the tough ends- The best way to do this is to snap them off with your hands. The asparagus will break naturally making sure all of the tough unappetizing texture is removed.
- How to cook asparagus: Toss them in the skillet with about 1/2 cup water, cover, and cook on high for about 2-3 minutes until crisp tender. Add butter if desired and season with salt and pepper.
Honey Garlic Sauce:
The star of this dish is the honey garlic sauce. You make it right in the pan with the chicken so there are no extra pots or dishes used. Just melt the butter and add in the garlic, honey, soy sauce, and vinegar. Let it simmer until slightly thickened and you’ve got a delicious sauce that will have you licking your plate clean.
I love that the asparagus is cooked right in the same pan. It takes on some of the flavors that were left behind and you’re only left with one pan to clean up after dinner. Winning!
HERE ARE A FEW MORE CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- Lemon ChickenPiccata
- Napa Valley Chicken
- Summer Parmesan Chicken
- One Skillet Chicken & Broccoli
- One Skillet Chicken With Mushroom Garlic Sauce
- Baked Fire Cracker Chicken
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN & ASPARAGUS:
Cast Iron Skillet– A cast iron skillet is a kitchen must have. It heats evenly and gives meats a nice crust.
Tongs– Every kitchen needs a good set of tongs! I love that this set comes with two lengths of tongs, both locking.
Pot & Skillet Set– These are the skillets and pots I use. They have a heavy bottom making them sturdy and cook the food evenly. I use these multiple times a day.
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE VIDEO
Honey Garlic Chicken & Asparagus
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts cut in half and pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound asparagus
- Place flour in a bowl. Season chicken with salt and pepper, press both sides into flour and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 3 more minutes. Push chicken to the sides. Reduce heat to medium, melt the butter in the middle of the pan and then add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the honey, soy sauce, and vinegar and stir. Bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes until thick. Remove chicken and sauce from heat onto a plate. and bowl.
- Add the asparagus to the pan, toss, add 1/3 cup water, cover and let steam for 2-3 minutes until crisp tender.