I have been really lax on exercising as of late. Like I probably only exercised at most 5 times last month (not like me at all). I like to blame it on having a bad cold/sore throat for a couple weeks and then devoting all my free time to getting this blog going. BUT…
I’m kicking it in high gear! Got to get my muscles back and heart healthy! I want to be in good shape (like muscularly/endurance) for when spring comes and I can take Carly outside on walks and runs. I’m so ready for spring and summer! So… I’m going to attempt the Insanity workouts! I’ll keep ya posted on how insane it really is. I’m betting I don’t even get through the first 20 minutes today but hey 20 minutes is better than nothin right?
I make this Spanish Rice or Cilantro Lime Rice almost every time we have a Mexican meal (it’s great with Chipotle Pulled Pork). It’s got a beautiful color and great flavor that makes it delicious to eat alone on the side or in a burrito.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Jalapeno, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons or 1 cube tomato bouillon*
- 1/4-1/2 cup corn, warmed (optional)
- In a small pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute garlic, jalapeno (optional), and onion for 1 minute and then add rice and cook until lightly browned.
- Add 2 cups water, tomato paste, and tomato bouillon.
- Bring to a boil and give it a quick stir.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, mix in corn, and serve.
*Tomato bouillon is found in the store near other Hispanic food
Recipe Source: Slightly adapted from Rebecca Lucero who got it from her mother-in-law (added garlic, slightly different cooking method/order)